Important: Starting from the macOS Sierra PPTP VPN protocol is no longer supported.
How to set up a PPTP VPN connection on Mac OS
This tutorial shows how to set up a PPTP VPN connection on Mac OS in 5 easy steps.
Step 1. Open System Preferences and click onto Network.
Step 2. Click the + button on the network connections pane.
Step 3. From the drop-down menu, select VPN followed by PPTP then click Create.
Step 4. Enter the ibVPN server that you wish to connect (The Server address will be depending on the package you own.
To check all the available servers, please check the My Servers section, input into the Server Address field and your account Username (your registered email address) in the Account Name field.
Step 5. Click the Authentication Settings and enter your Password (VPN Password from Client Area Details) and click OK.
- Click the Advanced button.
- Tick Send all traffic over VPN connection, press OK.
- Click Apply.
- Leave the Show VPN status in menu bar box ticked and press Connect.
- You should be able to Connect/Disconnect to the server from the menu bar.
You have just set up a VPN on Mac, simple as that.
Don’t you have an ibVPN account? Check our plans page and subscribe!
- 81 Users Found This Useful
Was this answer helpful? Yes No